Oracle Corporation is a multinational company engaged in developing and marketing of enterprise software and computer hardware technologies. Founded in 1977 it is serving globally with headquarters in Redwood Shores, California.
Oracle has targeted different groups including technologists, business leaders, executives, and communities.Major acquisitions of Oracle include Sun Microsystems, Datalogix Holdings Inc., Toa Technologies Inc., CorenteInc., Front Porch DigitalInc., and Green Byes Inc.
Traded by the name ORCL at New York Stock Exchange is one of the largest giants in enterprise IT market.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
With its first release in 1979 SQL RDBMS, the software technology slowly developed to Oracle 12c which provide cloud service with the database.
Important tools built by the corporation include:
- Database Development
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Software Customer Relationship Management Software
- Supply Chain Management Software
- Middle-tier Software
- Development Software
- File Systems
- Operating Systems: Oracle Linux and Oracle Solaris
Use of C programming language to develop products lead to the early success of the company.
Oracle Database 10g (g=grid computing) is database released in 2004 by the company integrated with Java EE helped the developers gain the access to both languages.Followed by a release of 11 g which had one free edition called Express Edition.Oracle Corporation has also acquired many other database technologies like MySQL and Berkeley DB.
Oracle Fusion Middleware a group of middle-tier software having business process management, content management, user interaction, business intelligence and system integration products.
Oracle applications includes:
- Buisness Analytical Middleware (with Cloud Application foundation, Identity MAnagement, Mobile Platform, Hardware and Virtualization Management)
- Enterprise Communications
- Enterprise Management
- Operating Systems
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- Oracle Retail
- Siebel Systems
- Engineered Systems
- Exalogic Elastic Cloud
- Oracle SuperCluster
- Big Data Appliance
- Exalytics In-Memory Machine
- Oracle SuperCluster
- Oracle Certified Partners are third-party vendors like Hewlett-Packard, Knoa Software, and Motus which works with Oracle Corp.
- Oracle is a leading vendor in cloud computing services.
- Cloud services have expanded after the partnership with Xamarin and a strong mobile enterprise is established.
- Servers(x86, Netra, Blade, SPARC), applications, storage, and network are the parts of data centers of Oracle.
- The technology provides Software, Platform, and Infrastructure as a Service.
- Oracle ClearView is a video series distributed over YouTube.
Other notable services
- ORACLE FINANCING
- ORACLE SUPPORT
- ORACLE CONSULTING
- ORACLE UNIVERSITY
ORACLE TRAINING AND ORACLE CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
There are 9 certification programs for Oracle which helps the technologists to stand out of the crowd and expertise in a particular field.Certification programs include Applications, Java and Middleware, Virtualization, Database, Operating Systems, Oracle Cloud, Enterprise Management, Industries, and Systems.Online provides online live lectures and training programs.
There are 6 levels of certification which can be obtained by taking an exam:
- Oracle Certified Junior Associate
- Oracle Certified Associate
- Oracle Certified Professional
- Oracle Certified Master
- Oracle Certified Expert
- Oracle Certified Specialist
Anybody with skill sets can get these certifications in a chronological order. Oracle provide opportunities for professionals, students or veterans.
Oracle is one of the largest software makers by revenue primarily competing with SAP, Sales force, Workday, VMware, and Microsoft. Employing over 138,000 people Oracle is creating great opportunities for programmers, engineers, business professionals, and technologists.